March 25, 2002
What did I bring with me?
- Canon D30 Digital SLR
- Canon D60 Digital SLR (delivered while in Kona)
- Sigma 14mm/2.8 Wide Angle Lens
- Canon 50mm/2.5 Compact Macro Lens
- Canon 100mm/2.8 USM Macro Lens
- Canon 28-135IS USM Lens
- Canon 24mm/2.8 Lens
- UK Germany D30/D60 aluminum housing
- UK Germany 6" Dome Port
- UK Germany Flat Port for Macro Lenses
- 2 Ikelite DS-125 Strobes
- ULCS Subal Tray
- ULCS Strobe Arms
- Hartenberger Maxi Compact Dive Light
- IBM Thinkpad 600x, with extra battery
- Chargers for D30/60 batteries, cell phone, strobes, and computer
... and one big Pelican case to hold it all.
That's a vast oversimplification, of course. :) I crammed all I could into a diving roller-suitcase, a Pelican case, and my messenger computer/camera bag, and had a little room left for some clothing. Instead of my normal hair-shaping supplies, I brought a free Volkswagon hat given to me by recruiters at Stanford, back when jobs were being handed out like candy. It's virtually impossible to pack normally when you have to lug a camera, computer, housing, and strobes with you onto an airplane.