It seems that Amazon.com is carrying shark fin soup and other products through three third-party vendors Roland, Pacific Rim Gourmet, and VitaminLife. With all the controversy surrounding shark fins and the horrible practices used to harvest fins, Amazon should be ashamed to be carrying shark fin soup and should rectify the problem immediately by pulling all shark fin products from their catalog. What you can do:
- Leave feedback at Amazon's product page for Roland Shark Fin Soup, Dragonfly Shark Fin Soup, and VitaminLife.
- Participate in the discussion over at Amazon about the product and why it's bad for them to carry it
- Send e-mail to Roland Food at Phyllis.Goldberg@rolandfood.com, Pacific Rim Gourmet at email@example.com, VitaminLife at firstname.lastname@example.org, and write letters of protest to:
Pacific Rim Gourmet
75-5660 Kopiko Street, Suite C7-210
Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
15940 Redmond Way
Redmond, WA 98052
- Write to Amazon.com at Advantage Customer Service (email@example.com) and Investor Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Spread the word through your webpage, blog, etc. (code available here)
- Boycott Amazon.com until they comply
- Join the discussion in the Wetpixel forums
*UPDATE* Amazon pulled shark fin from their inventory!