Following Alex's "2007 in review" post, here are some statistics from 2007's journal entries.
Total # posts in 2007: 296 Total # posts in 2006: 263 Total # posts in 2005: 225
Total # comments in 2007: 1075 Total # comments in 2006: 941 Total # comments in 2005: 940
Average length of posts in 2007: 1293 characters Average length of posts in 2006: 1169.7 characters Average length of posts in 2005: 1255.3 characters
Total length of posts in 2007: 382,742 characters Total length of posts in 2006: 307,624 characters Total length of posts in 2005: 282,442 characters
Most Popular Posts of All Time as of 12/31/2007 (powered by Alex King's Contest Plugin)
- Scary-Ass Shit
- 320GB striped array (RAID 0) in a Macbook Pro
- Advanced Guestbook 2.2 SQL Injection Vulnerability
- Test Post for Show EXIF Cookie
- Great white shark breach, False Bay
- Verizon enables file transfers on Motorola RAZR V3C
- Hammerhead sharks and whale sharks, Galapagos
- More tiger shark videos, Bahamas
- Asian Blush, RU-21, Pepsid, etc.
- iTunes 7 broke my iPod Nano
The "ass-shit" post remains my most popular post of all time (or more accurately, since installing the plug-in), with over 54,000 direct hits and 35,000 archive views (but only 19 comments). The Macbook Pro RAID article claimed the #1 spot for weeks after I posted it, but the temporary fame garnered from hitting the front page of DIGG and getting linked from just about every tech blog out there failed to trump the actions of all of the sick bastards out there who continue to search for nasty stuff.
Happy new year!