The Adobe AIR 20.0 update on December 9 broke the Ricoh Theta app for Mac OS X. On Dec 18, Ricoh issued a support article with instructions on how to fix the problem, but the instructions didn't exactly work for me. When I ran the Adobe AIR uninstaller, a popup window appeared that said that Adobe AIR was already installed. That wasn't very helpful. Here's what I had to do to solve the problem:
- Download the most recent Adobe AIR installer from http://get.adobe.com/air
- Mount the DNG
- Run Terminal (in /Applications/Utilities), and type or cut & paste (source):
sudo "/Volumes/Adobe AIR/Adobe AIR Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe AIR Installer" -uninstall
- Download and install Adobe AIR 19 runtime for Mac from Adobe's archive page.
- Delete the existing Ricoh app at "/Applications/RICOH THETA"
- Download and install the latest Ricoh Theta app (v2.0.0, Oct 9, 2015)
- Optional: Disable automatic Adobe AIR updates (you can use the AIR SettingsManager to do this or manually do it in the file system)
I'm back in business!